The most powerful way to keep your disks clean of Mac metadata.
Version 6.3.3 (17-Nov-2015)
- No-longer skips hidden folders on SMB disks if manually cleaning.
- In settings, .AppleDouble is hidden for non SMB disks.
- In settings, fixed a bug where disk icons weren't updated when disk were mounted/unmounted.
- Other minor UI enhancements.
Version 6.3.2 (13-Oct-2015)
- Fixed a bug where the preferences window would show on every launch.
- Fixed a bug where the Non Mac Disks and Network Disks preferences could sometimes be lost.
Version 6.3.1 (9-Oct-2015)
- Fixed a problem on some Macs running 10.11 with the BlueHarvest Helper tool install.
Version 6.3.0 (6-Oct-2015)
Requires 10.9 Mavericks or later.
- .AppleDouble folders can now be deleted from servers when connected via SMB.
- Disks can now be dragged to the disks list.
- Blacklist now works for folders.
- "Clean" buttons added to each disk in the BlueHarvest menu.
- Improved support for cleaning zip files not created by the Finder.
- Support for OSX 10.11 El Capitan.
Version 6.2.2 (20-Aug-2015) download
Last release for 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Blacklist items can now be deleted from HFS disks.
Version 6.2.1 (17-Jun-2015)
- "Orphaned" ._ files on Mac Extended disks will now be deleted during manual or scheduled cleaning.
Version 6.2.0 (12-May-2015)
- Now supports device specific blacklists (English only).
- Dragging a folder or disk onto BlueHarvest now cleans the item.
- Statistics are now shown for the startup disk.
- Improved performance when cleaning large disks manually.
- More reliable .folder deletion in some situations.
- Minor UI improvments.
Version 6.1.5 (22-Jan-2015)
- .apdisk files can now be deleted from NTFS disks.
- Authenticated deletion of .folders (re)enabled.
Version 6.1.3 (17-Nov-2014)
- firmwaresyncd disks are now ignored.
Version 6.1.2 (4-Nov-2014)
- Translation and UI bug fixes.
Version 6.1.1 (29-Oct-2014)
- Fixed a bug in the French language translation which could cause the application to crash.
- Fixed a bug which could cause the menu bar icon to reappear when hidden.
Version 6.1.0 (Non App Store release) (27-Oct-2014)
BlueHarvest 6 requires a new serial number. Upgrade pricing is available.
Requires OS X 10.8 or later.
- Added scheduled cleaning feature. For disks & servers your sharing with non BlueHarvest users.
- Added ability to keep ._ file for files with Finder tags.
- No more "unknown file system" errors - capabilities of file systems are automatically detected.
- Cleaning Avid file systems is now supported.
- “.apdisk” files are now removed by default (for new installs).
- Blacklist feature now works on all disk types.
- Minimum blacklist file name length removed.
- BlueHarvest now ignores invisible disks.
- Now supports deleting desktop.ini files.
- Added “Only Clean Manually" option.
- UI improvements and optimizations.
To upgrade from v5: Open BlueHarvest v5, click "Turn Off". Close the BlueHarvest window. Drag BlueHarvest v6 from the disk image to your Applications folder.
Version 5.5.9 (14-Mar-2014) download
Last release for 10.7 Lion.
- Minor UI improvements.
Version 5.5.7 (24-Oct-2013)
- Fixes a problem where the discrete graphics card in some MacBook Pros was unnecessarily activated under 10.9 Mavericks.
Version 5.5.6 (9-Sep-2013)
- Detailed progress information is now shown when cleaning zip files.
- Fix a bug where some volumes mounted in root weren't cleaned.
Version 5.5.5 (26-Aug-2013)
- Fixed a problem where some disks weren't asked to be cleaned.
Version 5.5.4 (30-Jul-2013)
- Added support for Livedrive Briefcase.
- Performance optimizations to reduce disk activity.
Version 5.5.3 (17-Jun-2013)
- Now runs under OS X 10.9 Mavericks and later.
Version 5.5.2 (30-May-2013)
- Added Retina display menu bar icon.
- Improved localizations.
Version 5.5.1 (23-May-2013)
- Fixed a bug where a disk may not be cleaned if its name included certain character strings.
- Fixed link to purchasing URL.
Version 5.5.0 (13-May-2013)
Requires OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Now packaged as an app.
- Added blacklist function for deleting arbitrary files.
- Optional menu bar icon.
- Sparkle is now used for in-place updates.
- Localizations for Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.
Note when updating: You do NOT need to uninstall your earlier version of BlueHarvest when updating. The new version will remove the old one.
Version 5.2.0 (7-Aug-2012) download
Last release for 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Added ability to keep ._ file for apps with Gatekeeper security data.
- Added ability to keep ._ file for aliases.
- Added support for fuse4x file systems.
- More responsive “Stop” button when used on Network shares.
- Removed iDisk support.
Version 5.1.0 (16-Apr-2012)
- Added “Always keep color labels” option.
- (When enabled, ._ files will be kept for documents with a color label.)
- Added support for 10.8 Mountain Lion/Gatekeeper.
Version 5.0.4 (25-Nov-2011)
- BlueHarvest no-longer displays a “Application was downloaded from the internet” warning every-time it is opened.
Version 5.0.3 (3-Nov-2011)
- Added support for Paragon ExtFS.
- Added support for OSXFUSE file systems.
Version 5.0.2 (19-Sep-2011)
- Added German translation.
Version 5.0.1 (5-Sep-2011)
- Fixed UI bug in preference panel.
Version 5.0.0 (1-Sep-2011)
Requires a 2007 or later Intel Mac (64-bit) running 10.7 Lion or 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Full support for 10.7 Lion.
- Can now be configured to “Ask” how each disk mounted should be handled.
- Improved progress window when manually cleaning.
- Supports Parallels under Lion.
- Unified UI. No more simple/advanced settings.
BlueHarvest v5 is a free upgrade for all registered v4 users. Simply re-enter your serial number if requested.
Version 4.0.7 (19-April-2011) download
Last release for 10.5 Leopard and 32-bit Intel Macs.
- Preliminary support for 10.7 Lion. Support will be finalised after the public release of Lion.
- Fix for French translation.
Version 4.0.6 (10-Feb-2011)
- Now automatically cleans disks as they are ejected.
- Ignores Mercurial source control repositories (“.hg” directories).
- Ignores iDisk volumes mounted over https.
- Workarounds issue when saving documents with Microsoft Word.
Version 4.0.5 (18-Nov-2010)
- Added support for cleaning ExFAT volumes.
- Fixed a bug in zip archive cleaning.
Version 4.0.4 (8-Sep-2010)
- Improved support for NTFS under 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Minor UI fixes.
- Updated German translations.
Version 4.0.3 (29-Jun-2010)
- Added support for cleaning tar gzip archives.
- .Folders can now be deleted from servers (non-AFP only).
- Now displays the number of items deleted when manually cleaning.
Version 4.0.2 (20-May-2010)
- Added support for volumes mounted via Thursby DAVE and Tuxera NTFS for Mac.
Version 4.0.1 (16-Feb-2010)
- Re-added support for removing “Thumbs.db”.
- “Folders to delete” group is now dimmed for servers.
- Better support for adding/removing services & contextual menus on some Macs.
Version 4.0.0 (16-Dec-2009)
- New streamlined interface for advanced settings.
- Per-volume configurations.
- Option-clean to clean and eject a volume.
- Whitelist support for MacOS type codes & file extensions.
Version 3.0.5 (17-Nov-2009) download
- Fixed a bug when deleting files on AFP servers. Recommended update for all users.
Version 3.0.3 (9-Nov-2009)
- BlueHarvest now only asks for authentication in response to manually cleaning (using the contextual menu).
Version 3.0.2 (23-Oct-2009)
- Improved support for Paragon NTFS.
- Improved support for Non OS X based AFP servers.
Version 3.0.1 (16-Sep-2009)
- Updated Translations
Version 3.0.0 (27-Aug-2009) (Requires Intel / 10.5 or later.)
- Support for MacOS X v10.6 Snow Leopard
- Now runs as 64-bit on capable Intel Macs
Version 2.0.6 (29-May-2009) download
Last release for PowerPC / Tiger 10.4
- Fixed a bug in “Treat UNIX invisible files as resources” option
- Now ignores Apple iDisk volumes
- Clicking “Cancel” in Authentication dialog now works
- Added Simplified Chineese
- Minor UI cleanup
Version 2.0.5 (3-Mar-2009)
- Contextual menu can now be used in PathFinder
- Now ignores ExpanDrive volumes
Version 2.0.4 (18-Aug-2008)
- Fixed a bug where cleaning Zip files could report an error when the cleaning had been successful.
Version 2.0.3 (1-Jul-2008)
- Added “Allow disks to have custom icons” option.
Version 2.0.2 (21-Apr-2008)
- Fixed a bug in whitelist processing.
- Fixed a bug where “Automatically check for updates” couldn’t be disabled.
- Added French, Japanese and Polish support.
Version 2.0.1 (15-Feb-2008)
- Authentication dialog now appears much less frequently
- Fixed a bug where the remove button in the extras panel wouldn’t enable
- Basic AppleEvent/AppleScript support (see the FAQ).
Version 2.0 (26-Oct-2007)
- Simple & Advanced setups
- Finder contextual menu for fast and convenient cleaning
- Support for MacFUSE file systems (including sshfs)
- Zip archive cleaning
- Whitelist support
- Optimized for 10.5 Leopard
Version 1.1 (23-May-2006)
- BlueHarvest is now a Universal Binary, fully supporting Intel and PowerPC based Macs.
- Fix a bug where the preferences panel could hang when editing resource fork settings (thanks Jonathan).
Version 1.0.3 (3-May-2006)
- Fixed a bug where BlueHarvest would unnecessarily and repeatedly ask you to authenticate.
Version 1.0.2 (29-Mar-2006)
- Added support for NFS file servers.
Version 1.0.1 (23-Feb-2006)
- Fixed a bug where resource fork files with asian characters in the name were not being deleted.
Version 1.0 (15-Feb-2006)
- Now compatible with fast user switching.
- Added support for removing .Trashes and .Spotlight-v100 folders.
- Added support for removing resource fork (._) files used by any application, not just the Finder.
- Changed launching of the background helper application to use a login item (like iTunesHelper) so authentication is no-longer needed when installing.
Version 0.8.2 (22-Dec-2005)
- Updated Japanese translation (from Takeshi Fukui).
- No other changes.
Version 0.8.1 (20-Dec-2005)
- Fix memory leak in the “Cleaner” panel.
- Log text is now cleared when you start cleaning in the “Cleaner” panel.
- Now correctly handles HFSX/UFS volumes.
- Added “Non HFS disks” option to DS_Store panel.
- Added “Any” extension option to Resources.
- Resources panel now supports comma (,) separated extension strings.
- Resources panel now includes new default “sets” to ease setup.
- Console.app (via console.log) now shows “BlueHarvest: Deleted XXXX” messages when it deletes a resource fork or DS_Store.
- Added icon from Tom Murphy (turphdesign). Thanks Tom.
- Changed license to Shareware.
Version 0.7.3 (1-Dec-2005)
- Fixed logging in the “Cleaner” function.
Version 0.7.2 (1-Dec-2005)
- Fixed a bug which caused the “Cleaner” to fail to delete some DS_Store and resource fork files.
Version 0.7.1 (21-Nov-2005)
- Added Japanese language translation by Takeshi Fukui. Thanks Takeshi.
Version 0.7 (18-Nov-2005)
- First public release.
Free 30 day trial - Full VersionDownload Now
Requires OS X 10.8 or later.
See release notes for older OS support.