Easily sync important notes between your Mac and iPhone or iPod touch then edit them on either device.
To add a note on your Mac:
First you will need to Downloading the free Mac client.
- Open the SyncBook application,
- click the “Show Notes” button,
- then copy the text files (.txt) you want added, into the notes folder shown in the Finder.
The next time you sync they will be added to your iPhone. When saving a note from TextEdit make sure the document format is plain text. If your document format is Rich Text select “Format” -> “Make Plain Text” before you save the document.
To sync with your Mac
You will need the free Mac client and WiFi.
- Open SyncBook on your Mac,
- then on your iPhone, click the refresh button in the bottom-left of the main screen,
- tap the name of the Mac you wish to sync with (it may take a few seconds for your Mac to appear).
- You’re done! SyncBook will then synchronize all your notes.
Read our SyncBook FAQs for more info.
What people are saying:
We've been waiting for this for SO long... Here it is -- notes that you can sync between your Mac and your iPhone WITHOUT having to store your sensitive data on some web server out there.User, iTunes
It provides the same functionality I had on my Palm and its Palm Desktop software, thus allowing me to fully transition to the Touch as my PDA and toss the old Palm...The support has been great, too. The memos sync over wifi, and I had a problem getting set up because of my unusual and unintentional network settings (my fault, not SyncBook's!). I wrote to the developer, Ross Tulloch, and he wrote back to me within three hours and gave me a working solution.User, iTunes
Great app! Does just what it says--which should be a given--but unfortunately is not for all apps. SyncBook is perfect for those wishing to keep memos that you've created on your Mac or iPhone in sync with the other.User, iTunes